The curriculum for students in Kindergarten through Fifth grade follows DCPS curriculum schedules.
- Learn more about DCPS Curriculum.
- Learn more about DCPS Elementary School Academic Standards.
- Links to grade-specific scope and schedule of curriculum are provided below:
Additionally, Payne employs a Responsive Classroom approach.
- Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching that focuses on engaging academics, positive community, effective management, and developmental awareness.
- The workshops, books and conferences help elementary and middle school educators to create safe and joyful learning communities where students develop strong social and academic skills and every student can thrive.
- Independent research has found that the Responsive Classroom approach is associated with higher academic achievement in math and reading, improved school climate, and higher-quality instruction. I
- t has been described by the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) as one of the most “well-designed evidence-based social and emotional learning (SEL) programs”.