Payne Saturday Academy: COVID Health and Safety Protocols
Payne Elementary School is committed to ensuring the health and safety of everyone in the Payne community. To minimize the spread of COVID-19, we are doing the following:
- Following the DCPS safety protocols, including asking all adults to take the DCPS Stronger and Safety Together Pledge: https://dcpsreopenstrong.com/health/
- Expecting all teachers, staff, and volunteers to be vaccinated.
- Requiring that everyone on-site wear a mask. If someone is actively eating or drinking (for example, a snack between classes), they will be distanced from others.
- Minimizing class sizes, according to the size of the classrooms. For example:
- Music classes have 9-15 students
- PreK classes are capped at 15-17 students, and may occasionally move outside to the gated PK playground if weather permits.
- Having children use the same assigned seats every week, to minimize exposure and for contact tracing purposes.
To full ensure safety, we ask all families to:
- Drop children off and pick them up at the East Gate ONLY to the left of the main door (Note: this is the entrance to playground on C Street, b/w Kentucky Ave and 15th St SE).
- On rain days, the dropoff and pickup will be at the school entrance through the playground.
- Not accompany children onto the Payne building or grounds, except for designated pickup or dropoff locations.
Registration and Payment
Registration occurs online via the link provided here. REGISTRATION LINK
Your child will become fully registered for the Saturday Arts Academy once their seats are confirmed to you via email, and tuition payment or waiver is completed. Confirmations and payment Instructions will be sent to you prior to the program start date.
Non-Payne Students: Siblings of Payne students who attend a different school and are elementary age may register today if their sibling also is registering. Families that do not have at least one child attending Payne in School Year 2021-2022 may register for the Payne Saturday Arts Academy at non-student rates, if space is available. Completing the registration form will add you to the waitlist.
Waitlist: The registration survey will indicate when a class is no longer available due to space constraint – at which time you can enroll in the waitlist. If your child is put on the waitlist, you will be notified in early September of your delayed enrollment status. If your registration is accepted, you will receive an email from the PTSA with further instructions and confirmation of your registration. Waitlist spots will be distributed in order of receipt, with priority for Payne Elementary students & siblings.
Payment & Tuition: Instructions for payments will be provided when your child’s seat in the program is confirmed. Partial tuition or tuition waivers are available for Payne families when full tuition does not meet their budget.
Program length: Enrollment in Saturday Academy programming is for the entire semester (12 weeks with the exception of Volo Sports clinics, which are 8 weeks). Students who are unable to attend will not be provided with a make-up class, reimbursement, or prorated tuition.
Changes to Enrollment: Enrollment changes prior to or during the program semester are subject to availability. For more information, please contact us (see below Contact us section for email addresses)
Enrollment Cancellations: Enrollment cancellations can be made prior to the program commencement on Saturday, September 11, for a full tuition refund. Cancellations made after commencement of the program are non-refundable.
Location: Program will be held at Payne Elementary School 1445 C St SE, Washington, DC 20003. All programming with the exception of Volo Sports Clinics will be indoors. Volo Sports will be held outdoors in the open areas and fields adjacent to the school.
Drop off/Pick up Instructions: This program does not require parents or guardians to remain with their children during the course of the day. Instructions for drop off / Pick up and other logistics will be emailed to all enrollees prior to the program commencement.
Adult presence: In addition to the program instructors, Payne school administrators, security, parent or teacher volunteers will be present in the building.
Volunteering: Parent volunteers are welcome and encouraged. If you are interested in volunteering, please see Contact us below.
Instruments: DC Strings Workshop will provide instruments for student use. Students who take instruments home to practice will be responsible for loss and damage per DC Strings Workshop registration agreement.
For Additional Information, Contact Us
Contact us: If you have additional questions, please join the Payne Slack channel or contact the Payne Parents below.
#Saturday-academy at payneelementarydc.slack.com.
Jessica Coomes – email@example.com
Andria Thomas – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Kaufman – email@example.com