The Payne PTSA strives to be involved in every aspect of the school, enjoying a true partnership with Payne’s administration and staff. The participation of every member of our PTSA is vital to Payne’s success. We invite you to contribute by volunteering your time and talent in any way you can. There are opportunities to contribute in every possible way—from home, in the school, and in different ways throughout the year. Every year, we welcome our new and returning families, excited to see the ways our organization grows and develops with your work, talent, and ideas.
Payne PTSA Board for SY 2016-2017
- President: Mandla Deskins is the father of a PreK 3 student, Kindergartener and Third grader.
- First Vice President: Janice Brown is a Speech Language Pathologist at Payne and the parent of a 5th grader.
- Second Vice President: Dionne Thompson is a Second Grade teacher at Payne.
- Secretary: Carolyn Bowen is a parent of a PreK 4 student at Payne.
- Treasurer: Mark Jordan is the parent of a PreK 4 student at Payne.
Committees and Chairs
- Bylaws: Darlene Flowers
- Communications: Narissa Cooper
- Green Spaces: Lexi Smith
- Programs: Andria Thomas
- Fundraising: Charles Swartz
- Annual meeting: Dalila Kaddour
- Membership: Dionne Thompson (bylaw required role of 2nd VP)
PTSA meetings are typically held on a monthly basis.