Friday, April 28th, 2017
2:15 pm – 3:15 pm
- Classrooms will learn about a country, do crafts, and march in!
- Students will perform songs in a foreign language.
- We will tour the globe visiting tables hosted by parents featuring different countries.
*Sign up by 8am Thu. April 27th through email, text, classroom sign up sheet, or online Google doc!
Questions, contact LaToya Smith, Family Services Coordinator at (202) 320 – 3274.
Have you completed the PTA Community Survey? Don’t fret, there’s still time to voice your opinion!
We are asking all staff and parents to please take a moment to share your thoughts on how the PTA is doing, what new programs you would like to see, and what BIG DREAM you have for Payne Elementary. Just click the survey button below or complete the attached hard copy and return to the PTA table or the front desk. All surveys must be submitted by this Friday, April 28, 2017 at midnight.
Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
May 2, 2017
Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week, if you haven’t already, please take a moment to sign-up to bring an item for our monthly teacher appreciation breakfast. The next breakfast will take place this Tuesday, May 2. Use this link to sign-up today: http://signup.com/go/uSLvMD.
- Please don’t bring items with nuts.
- There are 65 staff members at Payne.
PRETZELS FOR PAYNE FUNDRAISER
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Please stop by for a delicious after-school or
after-work snack, mention Payne Elementary, and have
20% of the proceeds benefit the PTA.
The Pretzel Bakery
257 15th St. SE
The next Coffee with the Principal will take place Friday, May 5, 2017 at 9:00 am. Please plan to attend to hear updates from Principal Byrd and voice your thoughts and/or concerns.
It’s Enrollment Season!
Re-enrollment for SY 2017 – 2018 has started. Please see the below dates to register your student(s) by grade & date:
3rd and 4th grade – Week of April 24th
1st and 2nd grade – Week of May 1st
Kindergarten and ECE – Week of 8th
Feel free to come in and enroll your children at any time but we are encouraging you to come in during one of the designated dates above.
Parents should bring in proof of residency and the enrollment packet. No worries if you have not received the enrollment packet, forms will be available in the front office.
You can also visit DCPS’ website to download files here: https://dcps.dc.gov/page/enrollment-forms!
PARCC testing for third – fifth grade students will take place May 2 – 4 and May 9 – 11, 2017. Please make sure your student(s) is getting enough sleep, eats a healthy breakfast and arrives on time each morning. For more helpful tips, please click here:
We are seeking volunteers for three upcoming events:
- PARCC Testing: Volunteers are needed during testing beginning May 2 – May 4 and May 9 – May 11 to help setup computers, distribute snacks, monitor hallways and help direct late arrivals. Volunteers will not administer tests or need any special training.
- Career Day: Are you interested in helping with Payne’s Career Day onMay 18 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm? We are looking for individuals to help manage stations and/or present about their careers.
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, please email Carolyn Bowen
- PTSA Election will be held at the PTSA Annual Convention in the Auditorim on Thursday, May 25th at 6:00 pm
- Anybody who is a PTSA Member by May 1st may vote
- Each voting member must complete an individual application.
- If you haven’t already, join TODAY at: https://goo.gl/VE8Cse. Dues are $15 per individual for the year.
- Can’t remember if you joined yet? A membership list will be posted on the PTA bulletin board after our April 6th PTA meeting.
- Nominations are Due May 5th
Form attached and information provided here:https://gallery.mailchimp.com/abf262ce4035696294280e80e/files/9e5c19dd-c566-42dd-bb30-717de882d8a2/Payne_Nominations_Form_SY2017_2018.pdf
- May 1 – 5: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 2: Pretzels for Payne
- May 5: Picture Day
- May 5: Coffee with the Principal at 9:00 am
- May 8: Deadline for PTA Nominations
- May 10: Bike to School Day
- May 11: Spring Sing at 4:30 pm
- May 18: Career Day
- May 18: Early Dismissal at 12:15 pm
- May 19: Parent-Teacher Conference Day – No school for students
- May 22 – 26: Spirit Week
- May 23: DCPS Night at Nationals Park
- May 25: PTA Meeting at 6:00 pm
- May 26: Field Day
- May 29: Memorial Day – No School for students, teachers and staff