April’s PTA meeting will take place tomorrow Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 6:00 pm. We will hear updates about the upcoming PTA Elections and get the latest details on the first annual silent auction (April 13). Principal Byrd will also join us to talk about the state of the school and budget visions for next year.
Childcare and Dinner Provided
Thursday, April 13, 2017
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Join us for Payne’s first Annual Spring Silent Auction on Thursday, April 13, 2017 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. The committee is currently working hard to bring you an awesome dinner, drink options, free childcare and live music from Mr. Golden. The best part of it all is it’s FREE to attend!
Here’s a sample list of items to be auctioned:
- Wizards playoff tickets from Monumental Sports
- Lunch for two with Chairman Phil Mendleson from the DC Council
- $200 birthday gift certificate from Power Tots
- Merchandise from Hill’s Kitchen
- Baseball signed by Ryan Zimmerman from the Washington Nationals
- Tickets to the Newseum
- Selection of books and gift card from East City Bookshop
- Reservation and gift card from Rose’s Luxury restaurant
- Dinner and drinks for two from Lincoln Park Kitchen
- Tickets to the Woolly Mammoth Theater
- Vacation home weekend at Deep Creek Lake
and much, much more!
To see all the latest auction items and updates, please visit our website here: https://paynedc.org/auction/.
If you would like to volunteer and/or organize your classroom’s themed auction basket, contact Monica Hicks or reach out to Charles Swartz for any questions. Please plan to complete your basket by April 10.
- PTSA Election will be held at the PTSA Annual Convention in the Auditorium on Thursday, May 18th at 6:00 pm
- Anybody who is a PTSA Member by May 1st may vote
- Each voting member must complete an individual application.
- If you haven’t already, join TODAY at: https://goo.gl/VE8Cse. Dues are $15 per individual for the year.
- Can’t remember if you joined yet? A membership list will be posted on the PTA bulletin board after our April 6th PTA meeting.
- Nominations are Due May 1st
Form attached and information provided here:https://gallery.mailchimp.com/abf262ce4035696294280e80e/files/9e5c19dd-c566-42dd-bb30-717de882d8a2/Payne_Nominations_Form_SY2017_2018.pdf
We are seeking volunteers for two upcoming events:
- PARCC Testing: Volunteers are needed during testing beginning May 2 – May 12 to help setup computers, distribute snacks, monitor hallways and help with late arrivals. Volunteers will not be administering tests.
- Career Day: Are you interested in helping with Payne’s Career Day on May 18? We are looking for individuals to help and/or present about their careers.
If you are interested, please email Carolyn Bowen. Additional details coming soon!
Payne’s Robotics Club is on their way to the 2017 VEX IQ Tournament in Kentucky!
It’s that time of year again! Enrollment forms will be available starting April 3rd.
No school for students, teachers and staff for Spring Break April 17 – April 21, 2017.
The National Math Festival will take place at the Washington Convention Center on Saturday, April 22, 2017. This event is free and open to the public from 10:00 am till 7:00 pm. The event will include a day of lectures, hands-on demonstrations, art, films, performances, puzzles, games, children’s book readings, and more. There’s something for everyone from toddlers to adults of all ages. For more information you can download a mobile app for the event (NMF 2017) or visit their website: http://www.nationalmathfestival.org/.
- April 6 – PTA Meeting
- April 13 – 1st Annual Payne Spring Auction Fundraiser
- April 17 – 21 – Spring Break: No school for students and teachers
- April 22 – National Math Festival at Washington Convention Center
- May 1 – Deadline for PTA board election nominations