Payne’s 2017 Silent Auction & Raffle
Thursday, April 13, 2017
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Free childcare provided.
Have you seen the latest list of available auction items? Here’s a sample:
- KaribFIT LIVE! summer boot camp 10-week package
- Jade Fitness 5 pack of classes and 1 personal training session
- Wizards playoff tickets from Monumental Sports
- Lunch for two with Chairman Phil Mendleson from the DC Council
- $200 birthday gift certificate from Power Tots
- 7th Hill Pizza gift card
- Merchandise from Hill’s Kitchen
- Baseball signed by Ryan Zimmerman from the Washington Nationals
- Tickets to the Newseum
- Selection of books and gift card from East City Bookshop
- Reservation and gift card from Rose’s Luxury restaurant
- Dinner and drinks for two from Lincoln Park Kitchen
- Tickets to the Woolly Mammoth Theater
- Vacation home weekend at Deep Creek Lake
and much, much more!
To see all the latest auction items and updates, please visit our website here: https://paynedc.org/auction/.
We are seeking volunteers for three upcoming events:
- Aftercare Assistance: Help with childcare in Early Childhood Aftercare during tomorrow’s Staff Meeting April 13, 2017 from 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
- PARCC Testing: Volunteers are needed during testing beginning May 2 – May 4 and May 9 – May 11 to help setup computers, distribute snacks, monitor hallways and help direct late arrivals. Volunteers will not administer tests or need any special training.
- Career Day: Are you interested in helping with Payne’s Career Day onMay 18 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm? We are looking for individuals to help manage stations and/or present about their careers.
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, please email Carolyn Bowen.
It’s time to fill out the annual PTA community survey! Share your thoughts on how the PTA is doing, what new programs you would like to see, and what BIG DREAM you have for Payne. Just go to http:// https://www. surveymonkey.com/r/PayneDC or complete the attached hard copy and return to the PTA table or the front desk. Surveys are due this Friday, April 14th!
Spring Break is next week!
No school for students, teachers and staff
April 17 – April 21, 2017.
- PTSA Election will be held at the PTSA Annual Convention in the Auditorim on Thursday, May 18th at 6:00 pm
- Anybody who is a PTSA Member by May 1st may vote
- Each voting member must complete an individual application.
- If you haven’t already, join TODAY at: https://goo.gl/VE8Cse. Dues are $15 per individual for the year.
- Can’t remember if you joined yet? A membership list will be posted on the PTA bulletin board after our April 6th PTA meeting.
- Nominations are Due May 1st
Form attached and information provided here:https://gallery.mailchimp.com/abf262ce4035696294280e80e/files/9e5c19dd-c566-42dd-bb30-717de882d8a2/Payne_Nominations_Form_SY2017_2018.pdf
It’s that time of year again. Enrollment forms for school year 2017 – 2018 are now available in the front office or you can visit DCPS’ website to download files here: https://dcps.dc.gov/page/enrollment-forms!
The National Math Festival will take place at the Washington Convention Center on Saturday, April 22, 2017. This event is free and open to the public from 10:00 am till 7:00 pm. The event will include a day of lectures, hands-on demonstrations, art, films, performances, puzzles, games, children’s book readings, and more. There’s something for everyone from toddlers to adults of all ages. For more information you can download a mobile app for the event (NMF 2017) or visit their website: http://www.nationalmathfestival.org/.
- April 13 – 1st Annual Payne Spring Auction Fundraiser
- April 17 – 21 – Spring Break: No school for students and teachers