The Payne Elementary family lost one of its most beloved educators on Monday, March 27 with the death of our Physical Education teacher Mr. Bernard Nedab. He was a teacher at Payne for over eight years and will truly be missed by all. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.
Funeral arrangements are as follows:
St. Stephen’s Baptist Church
5757 Temple Hill Road; Temple Hills, Maryland
If you are available in volunteering all or part of the day next Thursday to help with classroom coverage, please send an email to Carolyn Bowen. Parents will assist substitute teachers carry out the lesson plans for the day.
There is no school for students this Friday, March 31, 2017 for Records Day.
Thursday, April 13, 2017
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Join us for Payne’s first Annual Spring Silent Auction on Thursday, April 13, 2017 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. The committee is currently working hard to bring you an awesome dinner, drink options, free childcare and live music from Mr. Golden. The best part of it all is it’s FREE to attend!
Here’s a sample list of items to be auctioned:
- Wizards playoff tickets from Monumental Sports
- Lunch for two with Chairman Phil Mendleson from the DC Council
- $200 birthday gift certificate from Power Tots
- Merchandise from Hill’s Kitchen
- Baseball signed by Ryan Zimmerman from the Washington Nationals
- Tickets to the Newseum
- Selection of books and gift card from East City Bookshop
- Reservation and gift card from Rose’s Luxury restaurant
- Dinner and drinks for two from Lincoln Park Kitchen
- Tickets to the Woolly Mammoth Theater
- Vacation home weekend at Deep Creek Lake
and much, much more!
To see all the latest auction items and updates, please visit our website here: https://paynedc.org/auction/.
If you would like to volunteer and/or organize your classroom’s themed auction basket, contact Monica Hicks or reach out to Charles Swartz for any questions. Please plan to complete your basket by April 10.
Our next PTA meeting will take place Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 6:00 pm. We will hear updates about the upcoming PTA Elections and get the latest details on the first annual silent auction (April 13). Principal Byrd will also join us to talk about the state of the school and budget visions for next year.
Childcare and Dinner Provided
How to Further Your Child’s Development at Home
Thursday, March 30, 2017
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
PreK-3 and PreK-4 teachers offer a unique, hands-on experience for parents to:
- Understand the areas and range of development for your child’s age
- Learn how teachers are working to develop your children at school
- Get knowledge and tools to help you further your child’s progress at home
Learn more about GOLD, for teaching strategy and developmentally appropriate assessments
Get your Girls Scout Cookies before it’s too late!
Cookie season is ending and it’s your last chance to get those delicious Girl Scout cookies! Return completed order forms with payment to your child’s teacher. Thanks to all who’ve purchased so far. You helped us sell over 1,400 boxes of cookies!
- March 30 – PreK Parent Meeting: How to Further Your Kid’s Development at Home
- March 31 – Records Day: No school for students
- March 31 – My School DC Lottery Results Released
- April 6 – PTA Meeting
- April 13 – 1st Annual Payne Spring Auction Fundraiser
- April 17 – 21 – Spring Break: No school for students and teachers