The Book Fair opens TODAY!!!!
March 15 – March 21
Scholastic book fair flyers were sent home with students last week. Please take a look and create your wish list for not only your family but your teachers too! All proceeds benefit the school and it’s lots of fun!
- Due to the weather this week, we are extending the book fair to next Tuesday, March 21. We will close out the fair during Math Night.
- The Book Fair will open as scheduled the rest of the week. You can visit the fair in the library before school at 8:00 am, or after school between 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- If you would like your child to ‘shop’ with a teacher at lunch, you can send a sealed envelope with their name to school.
- If you are available to volunteer on Monday or Tuesday, please send an email to Carolyn Bowen. Volunteers are needed to cover the following times: 8:00 – 9:00 am, 12:00 – 1:00 pm , or any hour between 3:00 – 6:00 pm. We will also need extra volunteers for Math Night March 21 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- If you are available and interested in volunteering, please sign up on the link below. This will help us guarantee we are able to keep the fair open every day!
- https://volunteer.scholastic. com/#/signup/aj5h5XYrC
Help our school win up to $15,000 by casting your vote here: http://wtop.com/contests/2017-click-for-kids-voting/.
It’s quick, easy and you can vote once a day until March 17. The school with the most votes wins! Vote today and share the link with friends and family!
Check out this amazing video with our students promoting this contest below or click here: https://youtu.be/jYHAJuZTBBI.
Please vote today and everyday until March 17!
Voting is open through 5 pm March 17. One vote per person per day. Use this link to vote daily: http://wtop.com/contests/2017-click-for-kids-voting/.
Due to the inclement weather and multiple activities in the coming weeks, this month’s PTA meeting is now CANCELLED. PTA will always be mindful that parents and teachers have busy schedules and other commitments and may have to adjust our meetings accordingly.
The next meeting will take place on April 6, 2017 at 6:00 pm.
Childcare and Dinner Provided
How to Further Your Child’s Development at Home
Thursday, March 30, 2017
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
PreK-3 and PreK-4 teachers offer a unique, hands-on experience for parents to:
· Understand the areas and range of development for your child’s age
· Learn how teachers are working to develop your children at school
· Get knowledge and tools to help you further your child’s progress at home
· Learn more about GOLD, for teaching strategy and developmentally appropriate assessments
April 13, 2017
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Save the date for Payne’s 1st Annual Spring Auction – Thursday, April 13th! If you would like to volunteer and/or organize your classroom’s themed auction basket, contact Charles Swartz.
Have you purchased your Payne t-shirt? If you missed one of our recent “pop-up stands” fear not! Parents can complete the attached order form and return with your payment to Ms. Cox in the front office. Students can wear these as their uniforms! Woo Hoo!! Get your shirt today!
DPR offers full-day Spring Break Camps for children ages 3 – 12. Camps are broken into 3 age groups: 3 to 5 years old, 6 to 12 years old, and 8 to 13 years old; and take place during DC Public Schools’ (DCPS) Spring Break. DPR provides youth with a variety of structured games, sports, character-education exercises, and arts and crafts. Registration opens March 20 at noon.
Summer Camp 2017
Rolling registration for the 2017 Summer Camp season opened on Monday, February 27 at select site locations. Each day a different group of site locations will open for registration. Registration will open each day at 12 noon. Interested participants may register online or in person at the Summer Camp Office. Register soon as spaces fill fast!
- March 9 – PreK Parent Committee Meeting
- March 10 – Coffee with the Principal
- March 21 – Math Night
- March 30 – Science Fair
- March 30 – PreK Parent Meeting: How to Further Your Kid’s Development at Home
- March 31 – Records Day: No school for students
- March 31 – My School DC Lottery Results Released
- April 6 – PTA Meeting
- April 13 – 1st Annual Payne Spring Auction Fundraiser