Special thanks to parents Carolyn Bowen and Susan McKay along with the school’s librarian Ms. Logan for organizing this year’s book fair! We would also like to send a special thanks to all the parent volunteers that helped keep the fair open for all to enjoy.
Our Book Fair was a huge success due to the hard work of our volunteers and all the families who made purchases from the selection of books sent to our school by Scholastic. We are happy to report we sold more than $2,000 in books and other merchandise!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued support! We couldn’t do it without Y-O-U!
Due to the inclement weather last week and yesterday’s math night, we have rescheduled this week’s PTA meeting to Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 6:00 pm.
Childcare and Dinner Provided
Have you purchased your Payne t-shirt? If you missed one of our recent “pop-up stands” fear not! Parents can complete the attached order form and return with your payment to Ms. Cox in the front office. Students can wear these as their uniforms! Woo Hoo!! Get your shirt today!
Thursday, April 13, 2017
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Join us for Payne’s first Annual Silent Auction & Raffle on Thursday, April 13. The committee is currently working hard to bring you some awesome dinner and drink options, free childcare and live music from Mr. Golden. The best part of it all is it’s FREE! If you would like to volunteer and/or organize your classroom’s themed auction basket, contact Charles Swartz
Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
March 28, 2017
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to sign-up to bring an item for our monthly teacher appreciation breakfast. The next breakfast will take place this Tuesday, March 28. Use this link to sign-up today: http://signup.com/go/uSLvMD.
- Bring your food/drink items to the school by 8:10 am or leave them in the refrigerator by Ms Cox’s desk the night before
- Food should be dropped off in the room next to Ms. Cox’s desk.
- Please don’t bring items with nuts.
- There are 65 staff members at Payne.
- Sign up via the service below to receive email reminders.
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast will take place the last Tuesday of every month.
How to Further Your Child’s Development at Home
Thursday, March 30, 2017
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
PreK-3 and PreK-4 teachers offer a unique, hands-on experience for parents to:
- Understand the areas and range of development for your child’s age
- Learn how teachers are working to develop your children at school
- Get knowledge and tools to help you further your child’s progress at home
Learn more about GOLD, for teaching strategy and developmentally appropriate assessments
- March 9 – PreK Parent Committee Meeting
- March 10 – Coffee with the Principal
- March 21 – Math Night
- March 30 – Science Fair
- March 30 – PreK Parent Meeting: How to Further Your Kid’s Development at Home
- March 31 – Records Day: No school for students
- March 31 – My School DC Lottery Results Released
- April 6 – PTA Meeting
- April 13 – 1st Annual Payne Silent Auction & Raffle Fundraiser