The Payne Fall Festival is this SATURDAY October 15 from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm on the new playground. We hope that everyone can come out to participate in all the fun activities including: Bouncy Houses, Face Painting, Activity Booths, Pumpkins, Baked Goods and more!
We are looking for some last minute volunteers. If you can do any of the activities below just email Lexi at email@example.com or the person listed next to the item below OR just offer to come help with whatever we may need.
Before the Festival:
- Contributions to the bake sale: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Getting the word out: flyers, chatting up friends, forwarding the Facebook link, etc.
- Make Chili: email@example.com
- Organize a fun messy event like donut eating
- Helping arrange for any drinks: coffee, juices or bottles, etc. This could include:
- Purchasing and delivering coffee on the day of the Festival
- Purchasing or ideally arranging for donations of water/juice from local stores (we have a list of those already contacted)
During the Festival:
- Helping with setup (around 9:30 am -10:30 am), such as putting up signs directing people to bathrooms or water, helping set up the tables, etc.
- Helping with cleanup (around 1 pm – 2:30 pm), such as collapsing the tables, restoring the playground etc. to its normal state
- Helping at one of the selling tables:
- Pumpkins! maybe also apples!
- Cider! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water and juice!
We hope to see you there!
Contact LaToya Smith at Latoya.email@example.com or (202) 320-3274 with questions or concerns.
See the flyer here:
|Payne is now working with RESET, an organization that connects schools with Science professionals to support their involvement in the school. RESET’s recent volunteer is a civil engineer that has made a schedule to do six 45 minutes lessons. The lesson plans will use RESET’s curriculum with Payne’s Science Resource Teacher, Shanita Henson, and Ms. Lewis’s 3rd Grade Class for the Fall Semester. RESET has a training program coming up for any interested parents who want to volunteer! Come join the science fun!
If you are interested in volunteering and getting trained please email John Meager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about RESET: http://resetonline.org/
- October 14 – PreK Parent Committee Meeting
- October 14 – Parent Workshop/Health Cornerstone: At Home with Buddy
- October 15 – Fall Festival
- October 21 – Picture Day
- November 4 – No School for Students: Parent Teacher Conference Day
- November 9 – Election Day
- November 11 – No School for Students, Teachers & Staff: Veterans Day
- November 24 & 25 – No School for Students, Teachers & Staff: Thanksgving Break
Click here to see the school calendar for the year: http://dcps.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/dcps/publication/attachments/2016-2017%20DCPS%20Traditional%20School%20Calendar.pdf