Please be reminded that tomorrow, Wednesday, November 23rd is a school day. All students are expected to attend.
But there is NO After School.
Over the following days we will have the opportunity to relax and enjoy family and friends. We can spend time reflecting on the start of a new school year and give thanks for our many blessings. Below are a few of the things I am thankful for:
- 301 beautiful wildcats. If you were not aware, we have grown a bit, our enrollment is up and our students are awesome.
- Teachers, paraprofessionals, social workers, psychologists, custodians, behavior techs, office staff, kitchen workers, security guards, speech pathologist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, substitute teachers, volunteer grandparents’ math coach and assistant principal all deeply committed to educating each student.
- An awesome cadre of parents who have welcomed and supported me as I transitioned into this new role.
- The opportunity to serve in this capacity.
Thanks to all who came out and enjoyed Literacy Night. Our next big event will be the Holiday Celebration in December.
Thanks to all who helped with our library.
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
Our ECE classes are under construction. We are moving into a new unit: Grocery Store. Centers are being transformed and students will don new personas like the shopper, the clerk who is checking out the groceries, the baker, produce manager or truck driver.
Check Us Out
Paynedc.org is up and running!
- Our robotics team will compete against other teams here on Saturday, December 10th.
- At Literacy Night we kicked off our writing contest for students 1st grade through 5th grade.
- Our Math Club is taking form.
- We will announce our student government officers soon.
The building opens to students at 8:15am. There is a parent operated Before Care in the Library. Students should arriving prior to 8:15 will remain on the playground and will not be supervised by Payne staff.
Nov 29 1st Grade to Air and Space Museum
Nov 30 PreK Parent Cafe
Dec 1 Coffee with the Principal
Dec 2 Professional Development Day – No School for Students
Dec 8 Holiday Celebration
Dec 10 EdFest (Volunteers needed to represent Payne at the DC Armory)