Thursday, February 16, 2017
5:30 pm – 7 pm
LibraryTheme: School Transitions – Building Family Understanding and Support in Stages of Transition
- Enjoy a FREE DINNER with other families.
- FREE CHILDCARE!
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Share parenting experiences and get ideas from other families.
- Explore your family’s strengths and challenges in a supportive community.
- POTLUCK donations will be accepted!
*Please RSVP by Friday, February 17 at 5:00 pm by email: Latoya.Smith@dc.gov, text: (202) 320-3274, classroom RSVP sheet, or online: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18wMXql5RKMny0C5ZaQWIJ47ak2ZkkEzVbmTveTlajBc/edit?usp=sharing to LaToya Smith.
Join parents, the State Superintendent of Education and others on Feb 21 at Capitol Hill Montessori @ Logan or on Feb 27 at CHAW to share your thoughts on the District’s proposed State Accountability Plan.
Make Your Voice Heard: ESSA Community Meetings
The State Board members are co-hosting a series of community meetings this month in all eight wards in the District to collect community input on the Every Student Succeed Act(ESSA) Accountability plan. Your feedback is needed to determine how we define quality schools and rate our schools!
Ward 6 | Feb. 21 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Capitol Hill Montessori at Logan, 215 G St. NE. Click here to register for Feb. 21
Ward 6 | Feb. 27 | 6-8 p.m. | Capitol Hill Arts Workshop, 545 Seventh St. SE. Click here to register for Feb. 27
If you can’t join us in Ward 6, please join another conversation; click here for more information.
Thanks for your support!
- February 28: Teacher Appreciation Breakfast (Use this link to sign up to bring a treat).
- March 14: Scholastic Book Fair (Contact: email@example.com)
- April 13: 1st Annual Payne Auction Fundraiser (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Additional details coming soon.
Calling all 4th to 7th Graders!! On Monday, February 20, from Noon – 1:00 pm at Eastern High School, we’re doing a Promo Day specifically for 4th – 7th graders. We’re over-run with younger players (they’re everywhere! help!)! Have a child that age? A friend? A neighbor? RSVP HERE and we’ll get them running around.
What about everyone else?? We have a ‘NO BALLER LEFT BEHIND’ policy, so we’re going to hit a ‘Texas Two-Step’ on Monday, and have K-3rd Graders out from 11:00 am – Noon. Same day: Monday, February 20 and same place, Eastern High School. RSVP HERE! Bonus: bring a friend and I’ll shovel your driveway if it ever snows.
Capitol Hill Little League is welcoming baseball players to its Spring 2017 season.
For more information or to register, please visit the website here: https://chlldc.org/.
The season is open to all children who will turn 5 years of age by Aug. 31, 2017 but will not turn 16 years of age by April 30, 2017.
- February 16 – PTA Meeting 6:00 pm
- February 17 – Professional Development Day: No School for Students
- February 20 – President’s Day: No School for Students, Teachers & Staff
- February 22 – Parent Cafe (PreK, Kindergarten, First Grades) 5:30 pm
- February 24 – Black History Month Program
- March 1 – My School DC Application Deadline (grades PK3 – 8)
- March 3 – Parent Teacher Conference Day: No School for Students
- March 14 – Scholastic Book Fair