Join us for a special Looking Ahead PTA meeting tomorrow!
Thursday, January 26th at 6 pm.
This special “Looking Ahead” PTA meeting will include some of our wonderful specials and classroom teachers explaining what they do best. Parents will have an opportunity to visit teachers in their class rooms to ask questions about expectations, what does an average school day look like for our students, see what students are working on in a particular grade and so much more.
We hope to see you tomorrow night! Dinner and childcare provided.
January 31, 2017
Sign Up to bring food to the Monthly Staff Appreciation Breakfast. The breakfast will be the last Tuesday of the Month starting January 31. Sign Up TODAY!
- Bring your food/drink items to the school by 8:10 am or leave them in the refrigerator by Ms Cox’s desk the night before
- Food should be dropped off in the room next to Ms. Cox’s desk.
- Please don’t bring items with nuts.
- There are 65 staff members at Payne.
- Sign up via the service below to receive email reminders.
- If you have questions, email Sharnece Ward
How to Sign Up:
We’re using VolunteerSpot (the leading online Sign-up and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming Sign-ups. They will ask you for your email address, but only to send you reminder emails.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our Sign-up on VolunteerSpot: http://signup.com/go/uSLvMD
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
A special thanks to all that participated in last week’s National Day of Action on January 19. Payne was one of seven schools in DC that served as a host site for this nationally celebrated event. Teachers, parents, students and communities nation wide took a stand in support of public education.
Friday, February 3, 2017 – 5:30 pm
Join us for a Payne movie night on February 3rd at 5:30 pm. The movie choice is TBD but popcorn, pizza, fruit, and refreshments will be sold. Proceeds from sales and donations will benefit the PTA. More details to come!
Are you following us on social media? If not, click the icons at the bottom of this web page to add us and to check out this cute video of Payne students conducting an experiment: Payne’s Little Scientists.
- The PTA is organizing a Parent Cafe for parents of Kindergarten and 1st Grade students! Meet other parents, enjoy some yummy food, and exchange stories and questions! For more details or to help with organizing, please reach out to Sharnece Ward or Kerry Devooght.
- The Program Committee seeks parents interested in helping Payne get the classroom reading libraries and replacement laptops that it needs! If you can help with finding partners or writing grants, or just want to learn more, please write to Andria Thomas or call/text 312-401-4423.
How awesome was it to see Ms. Fox’s picture on the latest edition of DCPS Today? You can read the entire newsletter here: https://t.e2ma.net/message/9pc3o/hsbauo.
DCPS Proposed Calendar for SY2017-2018
DCPS released their proposed calendars for 2017-2018. Please use the link below to view the calendars and share any comments. They will accept public feedback until February 5, 2017.
Eliot-Hine Middle School is looking to learn more about their current and future students and what we are looking for in a middle school option. This survey is for all grades and responses will be collected until January 29th. Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey.
Also, did you know you can follow updates about Eliot-Hine on the DCPS Planning Blog. Check out the latest post, an interview with Principal Vargas. Other posts include details of their upcoming $87.7 million modernization and photos from school events like EdFest, our HS Fair, Open Houses, etc.
- January 26 – PTA Meeting – Looking Ahead at 6:00 pm
- January 26 – JO Wilson Summer Camp Fair 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- February 1 – 100th Day of School
- February 3 – Payne Family Movie Night at 5:30 pm
- February 17 – Professional Development Day: No School for Students
- February 20 – President’s Day: No School for Students, Teachers & Staff
- March 1 – My School DC Application Deadline (grades PK3 – 8)