Payne Family Movie Night
Friday, February 3rd, 5:30 pm
Please join us for a fun Family Movie Night this Friday!
Admission is absolutely free!
Pizza, popcorn, and drinks will be available for purchase.
All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Payne’s Athletic Department and SGA will sponsor a Valentine’s Dance on
Friday, February 10, 2017
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Monday, February 6 and Tuesday, February 7
(regular admission $5.00)
A permission slip must be signed and returned before students can attend the dance.
Refreshments will be available for purchase.If you have any questions or would like to volunteer your time, please feel free to contact Ms. Freda Chase at (202) 413-4824.Note: A parent or guardian MUST accompany pre-school, pre-k and kindergarten students.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Thank you to everyone for their contributions to the first teacher appreciation breakfast of 2017!
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to sign-up here http://signup.com/go/uSLvMD to bring breakfast treats and supplies for our awesome teachers! The next breakfast will take place on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. PTA will host a teacher appreciation breakfast the last Tuesday of every month.
The program committee is continually organizing volunteer opportunities for our parents. Please see the latest and ongoing options below.
- Recess Duty: Principal Byrd asked if any parents would like to help with “recess duty” from 12-1pm. This would mean watching over the playgrounds with the teachers to make sure students are having fun and not going too crazy. Please talk to Mrs. Whitlock if interested
- Billboards: Several teachers asked for parent help with billboards inside and outside their classrooms. Please see Ms. Turner or Ms. Miller if you are interested in helping with their classes, or talk to your room parent if you want to offer help for your teacher’s class.
There are a number of other requests from teachers, stay tuned for additional details coming soon.
Thank you for attending our recent “Moving Ahead” PTA meeting last week. We appreciate you taking the time to join us and we hope the meeting was able to provide you with some valuable insight into our great school. A special thanks to all the teachers and staff for opening their classrooms to parents.
DCPS Proposed Calendar for SY2017-2018
DCPS released their proposed calendars for 2017-2018. Please use the link below to view the calendars and share any comments. They will accept public feedback until February 5, 2017.
Are you following us on social media? If not, click the icons at the bottom of this web page to add us and to check out this cute video of Payne students conducting an experiment: Payne’s Little Scientists.
- February 1 – 100th Day of School
- February 3 – Payne Family Movie Night at 5:30 pm
- February 8 – PreK Parent Committee Meeting 8:30 am
- February 10 – Valentine’s Dance at 5:00 pm
- February 17 – Professional Development Day: No School for Students
- February 20 – President’s Day: No School for Students, Teachers & Staff
- February 22 – PreK Parent Cafe 5:30 pm
- February 24 – Black History Program (afternoon – time TBA)
- March 1 – My School DC Application Deadline (grades PK3 – 8)