Just a quick reminder to parents there is no school tomorrow, Friday, March 3 for students.
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
The Book Fair is coming to Payne!!!!
March 14 – March 17
You may have noticed fliers around school last week about our book fair! More information will be sent home in the coming weeks about how and when to purchase books.
- The book fair will ‘launch’ at Math Night, on Tuesday March 14th from 6 – 8 pm.
- Volunteers are needed for 1-hour shifts before & after school, and during lunch.
- If you are available and interested in volunteering, please sign up on the link below. This will help us guarantee we are able to keep the fair open every day!
- https://volunteer.scholastic. com/#/signup/aj5h5XYrC
Are you looking for a way to support our Payne Wildcats? We are currently raising monies for two exciting projects…
Help us get new classroom libraries and send the Robotics Club to Kentucky!
Our Robotics Club won the Elementary School Excellence Award and has qualified for the 2017 VEX Worlds Championship in Louisville, KY this April! We are hoping to raise enough funds to pay for the registration, bus fare, and lodging so our students can take advantage of this exciting opportunity!
We are raising monies to purchase Scholastic Libraries (300 books each!) for the 4th and 5th grade classrooms.
The attached link has more details. Donations are tax deductible. Please reach out with any questions and feel free to share this information with others!
Please feel free to share this link with friends and family!
April 13, 2017
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Save the date for Payne’s 1st Annual Spring Auction – Thursday, April 13th! If you would like to volunteer and/or organize your classroom’s themed auction basket, contact Charles Swartz.
Have you purchased your Payne t-shirt? If you missed one of our recent “pop-up stands” fear not! Parents can complete the attached order form and return with your payment to Ms. Cox in the front office. Students can wear these as their uniforms! Woo Hoo!! Get your shirt today!
Payne’s Girl Scouts Troop 1455 plans to sell cookies on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays after school from 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm. Parents can also return their completed order forms and payments to their teacher. Cookies are $4.00 per box. All earnings will go toward troop supplies, badges, field trips, and outdoor adventures! Thanks to all who have purchased so far. Our first batch completely sold out!
- March 1 – My School DC Application Deadline (grades PK3 – 8)
- March 2 – Read Across America Day
- March 3 – Parent Teacher Conference Day: No School for Students
- March 14 – Math Night & Scholastic Book Fair, starts at 5:30PM
- April 13 – 1st Annual Payne Spring Auction Fundraiser