Thanks to everyone for stopping by our Pretzels for Payne Fundraiser yesterday! It was a beautiful day for a special treat and we raised $165!
Picture day is this Friday, May 5, 2017 at 9:00 am. Students should be ready upon arrival and have their exact payment amount (cash or money order). Spring pictures are fun and a keepsake that will be cherished for years to come.
Payne PTSA Elections are coming up! If you would like to become a candidate for the PTSA Elections, you must complete and return a written nomination form by May 8, 2017. You can nominate yourself or a friend!
- PTSA Election will be held at the PTSA Annual Convention in the Auditorim on Thursday, May 25th at 6:00 pm
- Anybody who is a PTSA Member by May 8th may vote
- Each voting member must complete an individual application.
- If you haven’t already, join TODAY at: https://goo.gl/VE8Cse. Dues are $15 per individual for the year.
- Can’t remember if you joined yet? A membership list will be posted on the PTA bulletin board located near the front office hallway.
- Nominations are due May 8th.
Return the attached form to your child’s teacher, place in the PTSA Elections Box or email a completed form to Dalila Kaddourt.
Click here for PTSA Nomination Forms
Have you re-enrolled your student?
Please see the below dates to register your student(s) by grade & date:
3rd and 4th grade – Week of April 24th
1st and 2nd grade – Week of May 1st
Kindergarten and ECE – Week of 8th
Feel free to come in and enroll your children at any time however we are encouraging you to come in during one of the designated dates above.
Parents should bring in proof of residency and their completed enrollment packet. No worries if you have not received the enrollment packet, forms will be available in the front office.
You can also visit DCPS’ website to download files here: https://dcps.dc.gov/page/enrollment-forms!
After-school enrollment is now open for all families who have completed their 2017 – 2018 school day registration.
How do I register my student?
- Afterschool enrollment for all families will take place online starting May 1. Families who visit the online enrollment system can expect to have a customized experience based on your child and the school he/she is attending.
Click here for additional details.
Save the date for PTA’s annual election convention taking place May 25, 2017 at 6:00 pm. All families are encouraged to get involved in this important process*.
PARCC testing for third – fifth grade students will take place May 2 – 4 and May 9 – 11, 2017. Please make sure your student(s) is getting enough sleep, eats a healthy breakfast and arrives on time each morning. For more helpful tips, please click here.
Are you interested in helping with Payne’s Career Day on May 18 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm? We are looking for individuals to help manage stations and/or present about their careers. If you are interested or have questions, please email Carolyn Bowen.
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist the Carnival Planning Committee with this wonderful annal event. If interested, please send an email to Aisha Hemphill Merritt.
- May 1 – 5: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 2: Pretzels for Payne
- May 5: Picture Day
- May 5: Coffee with the Principal at 9:00 am
- May 8: Deadline for PTA Nominations
- May 10: Bike to School Day
- May 11: Spring Sing at 4:30 pm
- May 18: Career Day
- May 18: Early Dismissal at 12:15 pm
- May 19: Parent-Teacher Conference Day – No school for students
- May 22 – 26: Spirit Week
- May 23: DCPS Night at Nationals Park
- May 25: PTA Meeting at 6:00 pm
- May 26: Field Day
- May 29: Memorial Day – No School for students, teachers and staff