Mark your calendars! There’s no school the following Fridays:
- October 27 – Records Day
- November 3 – Parent Teacher Conference Day
- November 10 – Veteran’s Day
- November 24 – Thanksgiving Break
Art teacher Ms. Cohen needs help from parents to stock her classroom with supplies. Please consider donating any of the following items: hand mirrors, old digital cameras, smart phones, baby wipes, magazines, cleaned-out plastic and glass containers, shallow Tupperware dishes, empty Kleenex boxes, paper towel rolls, bottle caps, crayons, art and crafts supplies, children’s art books, adult t-shirts and/or button-downs. You can drop the art supplies off with your child’s classroom teacher or bring them to Ms. Cohen’s Room 208A on the days she’s teaching at Payne: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Throughout this school year, the Chancellor will share updates on the new strategic plan and ask for your help and feedback at monthly Chancellor Community Forums, held throughout the city. During these sessions, there will be a chance for parents and community members to engage directly with leaders designing the work to share your interests and ideas related to our initiatives. Please take a look at the dates and locations below for an opportunity to provide feedback and help inform the implementation of the district’s strategic priorities and initiatives. Light refreshments, child care, and interpretation services will be provided at all sessions:
This year’s annual Hilloween at Eastern Market takes place on Seventh Street SE, between North Carolina and Pennsylvania Avenues SE. This is a fun and FREE kid friendly event.
We still need volunteers to help greet families and handout candy at our school table. If available, please contact Carolyn Bowen.
- October 27 – Records Day: No school for students
- October 27 – Hilloween at Eastern Market
- November 2 – Open House 9am
- November 3 – Parent/Teacher Conference Day: No school for students
- November 9 – Fall Field Day
- November 9 – Open House 9am
- November 10 – Veterans Day: No school for students, teachers and staff
- November 15 – PTA Meeting 6pm
- November 23 – 24 – Thanksgiving Break: No school for students, teachers and staff
- November 30 – Open House 9am